Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Friday Ta Me.

I woke up late today. Not good, but if I continue with my story you’ll get why. This semester for school, I have class at 8 AM. Okay, not so bad one would think, but then I tell you that in order for that to happen I have to get up at 4:30 AM, and am not kidding. You see, I cannot function without a cup of coffee, so the first five minutes of the morning are comprised of drinking that in order to wake up. Then, because in the wintertime we heat mostly with wood, I have to load up the woodstove in order to make sure that I don’t see my breath while I finish getting ready. After that comes the fun part—my zoo. Both dogs have to be taken outside one at a time on a leash (because they do not listen to me when presented with the vastness of nature). I long for the day that I can just let them out the door and not worry whether or not they will run away. That day is a long way off though, either they’ll have to be geriatric, or I’ll have to win the powerball so that I can put up a six foot stone wall around our property. Outside time can take up to thirty minutes, if I’m lucky it will only take fifteen to twenty. After outside time, the dogs are returned to their crates and the cat is taken care of. I clean his litter box every day, feed and water him and then move on to the fish, who gets his little light turned on and his daily allotment of food flakes. By this time I’m at about 45 minutes into my day. Then we feed the dogs, one at a time, because Mojo is an eater and will steal all of Macie’s food. I feed Mojo first, then take him out. This takes another 45 minutes. Then I feed Macie and take her out—45 more minutes. We are now officially at about 2 hours and 15 minutes into my day. While I’m doing all of the above, I’m also bustling about packing my lunch, fixing my hair, brushing my teeth, make-up, picking out what to wear, doing a load of laundry, making the bed, loading or unloading the dishwasher…you get the idea. Before you think about when I shower, let me just say I have to do that at night before bed, there is absolutely no time in my morning to do that. I can get thrown off my schedule with five minutes spent the wrong way. So when I get up at say, 6 AM—I’ve pretty much messed my day up.

So basically now I’m tired from running around like my head was on fire and my ass was catching, Sweetie is mad at me because he had to do all of the above stuff save filling the fireplace and taking the dogs outside for their first outside of the day (he’s working third, so he has to do this as soon as he gets home, instead of relaxing), and I have to go grocery shopping.
Anyone else having one of those days???

2 comments:

Glennis said...

Sounds stressful - and hilarious - and very rewarding all at the same time! I've just discovered your blog thru Pink Saturday, and I'm eager to read more.

Minnie said...

Thanks so much...I'm kinda over my little rant there. I have my moments with the rants, but I'll try to keep them funny.

Hugs!