Thursday, April 08, 2010

Ahhhh, Rochester Is Growing On Me.

Last night when I got home from work I checked the mail and found that I had received the first disc of the movie Jane Eyre from my rental company. Of course I had to wait until I had fed Sweetie, then did a few minor chores very quickly so I could settle in to watch. OMG! Totally hate that I must wait for disc two. Mailed the first disc this morning at 6:30 AM in the neighborhood mailbox so that the process would go quicker! The rumors are true, this movie is awesome. Even though I'm about a third of the way through the book, and generally know what the ending will be, patience for the arrival of the second half of this movie is going to be hard to come by. According to my calculations, I will have to wait until Monday to receive it, which means that Dancing with the Stars (current guilty pleasure) will have to be DVR'd so that time is free to watch part two.

So now that I've watch the movie, my impressions are:

1. The guy playing Rochester is hot. Um, in the same hotness category for me as to add him to the list of "he's so dreamy" that includes, but is not limited to...Colin Firth, Sean Bean, Viggo Mortensen, Matthew McConaughey, Neal McDonough, (young)Ben Cross, and Gerard Butler.

2. Something that has always bothered me about books adapted to the screen is that so much is either left out, combined into the plot in a different way, or added to it. Sometimes things like this are okay, but other times, it does nothing to move the story along and leaves questions unanswered.

3. I was born a few centuries after I should have been. I would have loved to have been alive for so many other eras, including the ones involving corsets and full skirts.

4. It would be so much fun to be able to wander through that estate. I love the old castle-like illusion of the manor houses shown in films set in Europe. If I had the money, I would re-do our house to resemble one.

5. I could listen to an English accent all day.

6. I want a dog that looks like Pilot...don't you just want to cuddle him?

I'm seriously considering purchasing this movie. If the second half is as good as the first, I probably will.

I googled the actor who plays Rochester and found out that his mother is in the Harry Potter films (which I have also watched), interesting tidbit. He also played James Bond on the radio. I love checking stuff like that out, you can find out so many interesting things. Ruth Wilson, the girl who plays Jane, is also really pretty in full-on makeup (googled her too. lol). She makes a good Jane.

No comments: