Friday, December 10, 2010

Fitness Friday

Well, it's Friday, so it is time for my first "Fitness Friday" post. This is going to become a regular thing. Today I'm going to talk about something that sucks the life right out of your healthy eating plan, stress bingeing. Raise your hand if you do this . This is one of the worst habits that I have. I am by nature a nervous person, so I get upset and stressed out really super easy. I don't deal with this by losing it, I deal by eating everything in the immediate vicinity that is not nailed to the floor.

Unfortunately, when it comes to stress eating, vegetables and fruit are out of the question. When stressing out, the only options available are the foods that are "comfort foods". You guys know what they are: doughnuts, cookies, chips, french fries, Big Macs, ice cream, a handful of Hershey's kisses...stuff that tastes like heaven, but later makes you feel like hell. These foods to do absolutely nothing for your energy level.

Handling stress is a real problem for me, and I can get stuck in the rut of grabbing crappy food and scarfing it down. And lately, I've been stressed to the max. That is why when I weighed myself this morning and found that I have gained weight this week and not lost it, I wasn't at all surprised. I was surprised at how much I have gained however. That never ceases to amaze me. I haven't stuck to my plan at all. With Mike back on third shift, evaluations at work, the last week of school, trying to deal with holiday madness, and wedding stuff weighing on my mind daily, I've managed to pack on seven pounds. Yup, seven. 234 this morning. Not good.

So, what does everyone out there in cyber space do to deal with stress? I'm looking for ideas/suggestions here. Don't be shy. You would be helping me deal, and I appreciate any help.

I really wish I was one of those people who had the opposite problem and didn't eat when they stress. This isn't really healthy either, but would be way more helpful in my quest to not look like the Stay Pufft Marshmallow Man at my wedding.

So ideas??? Anyone???? Bueller????

No comments: