Tuesday, March 09, 2010

It's Beautiful Out There...

I really wish today were Saturday. The temperature is in the fifties and the sun is shining. Not bad for March in our little corner of Northwest Pennsyltucky. However, rather than being able to hang around outside, I'm stuck in my partial cubicle in the office at work. NOT FAIR. It is so hard sitting here, looking outside my window and wishing that I were one of the myriad of farmers that lives in my small town. Even though there is work to be done on a farm, you have the time to bask in the sweetness of nature, especially during days like today. I love, when the weather is nice, checking my trees and shrubs for signs of spring. To see how big the buds are getting, just knowing that green is not that far away.

I joke with Sweetie all of the time about winning the powerball, just so that we have the time to stop and smell the roses. Like Ferris Bueller says "Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." No truer words were ever spoken, especially on a beautiful day like today. Makes you want to play hooky.

No comments: